As Euroscitizen aims to encourage all members to build their network and enhance their scientific skills through collaborations, we would like to adapt our Action to the current situation. Considering this, our new STSM call is open for applications planned both online and with travel.
Please see the below information and check the website (euroscitizen.eu) for the details of the call.
For further information and support do not hesitate to contact our STSM coordinator Özgül YAHYAOĞLU (email@example.com).
The objective of the STSM call
STSMs must be in line with EuroScitizen COST Action’s objectives and deliverables (please see MoU). We encourage you to contact with WG leaders and/or STSM coordinator for finding potential collaborations.
Duration of the STSMs
For STSMs with travel, the duration of the visit is a minimum of 5 days and maximum of 90 days. According to COST rules and regulations, ECIs (=Early Career Investigators) may apply for a maximum of 180 days
For online STSMs, the total meeting time is a minimum of 80 hours.
The STSM has to take place until 30 April 2021
Deadline for applications
This call is open until 1 April 2021.
Each application will be evaluated by the STSM committee within the following 15 days after the application has submitted.
Funding for travel, accommodation, and meal expenses up to total EUR 3,500 (see COST Vademecum for details of eligibility rules)
Online STSMs cannot request for funding.
Who can apply?
Everyone with an official affiliation and strong motivation on promoting science
Everyone who is a EuroScitizen member (see here on how to become one)
PhD students and ECIs are particularly encouraged to apply, but every EuroScitizen member can get an STSM.
Applicants should take into consideration that:
Applicants should be EuroScitizen members. Please see here on how to join.
The host institution has to be a participating COST Country Institution (or an approved NNC (=Near Neighbor Countries) institution, or an approved IPC (=International Partner Country) institution, or an approved EC/EU Agency, or an approved RTD (=Research & Technological Development) Institution, or an approved International Organisation)
The selected participants will granted with:
- Up to a maximum of EUR 160 per day can be afforded for accommodation and meal expenses. (COST Vademecum )
- Up to a maximum of EUR 300 can be afforded for travel costs.(COST Vademecum)
- The reimbursement will be get when the scientific report of the STSM is approved by the STSM committee.
How to apply?
- You have to find an STSM host (see above for conditions about host institutions), someone you would be willing to collaborate with. Either you already know the person you would like to collaborate with or to find one you can start by browsing here the list of EuroScitizen Management Committee members.
- Contact the potential STSM host to inquire about the possibility of an STSM and discuss and elaborate a plan for the STSM (duration, length, topic, working plan, timetable: those things will be asked in the application form on eCOST)
- Go to your eCOST and apply for an STSM (you can find here online registration step by step)
The applications will be evaluated by the STSM committee based on the MC approved criteria. The successful applicant will be notified by the STSM coordinator and the COST.
After the visit or meeting
Following the end of the STSM (within 30 calendar days), the applicant who successfully completed it must submit a scientific report (available to download on the eCOST application page) with the host approval.